Friday 24 April 2009

I almost forgot

I came to a sad decision yesterday - it's time to send some of my running shoes to trainer heaven.


I currently own 7 pairs.......


The 2 snazzy new pairs that I've recently bought to take me through to the marathon


2 pairs from last year's marathon that are now too old for running on the road


1 pair I bought, ran a Half in Bath, got injured and decided they were bad for my feet - totally irrational as it turns out - they're the same as the ones I'm now running in, but it appears I'm superstitious about them and will only use them as post-run trainers!!


Finally the 2 that have been with me through miles of road running and then a tough Winter of BMF. One pair came from Canada and the other from Sutton. They did my first ever races with me - Cure Leukaemia 5km, Great Manchester 10km and the Great North Run. This Winter they've been soaked in water and caked in mud and generally abused - they waded through the stream at the Suicide 6ish - were nearly thrown away then, but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it


But I think it's time to say goodbye to them....... a sad day.........but they've served me well


1 comment:

  1. Those are minging! too right it's about time they should go.
    Sadly, I embarassingly know myself how attached to trainers you can become and how superstitious you can oddly begin thinking.

    ReplyDelete