Saturday 2 May 2009

Last Saturday and the weekend

The last week has been a little crazy.



Saturday dawned wet and early - I dragged myself out of bed at 7am to go and get some breakfast ready for the day's run - no BMF for me, instead a nice 18 mile/3 hour run was the order of the day. Sunday's run was brought forward a day to allow for my supporter duties.



The run was my usual route down to the river but going via Primrose Hill before heading to Kings Cross to add the extra mileage. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2761219

My travel round London have me discovering I've been running past major landmarks without me even noticing and Saturday's run was no different. I spent a long time last year running past St Paul's without seeing it and this time I realised I was running even closer to it - in fact I was only a small flight of stairs away from it. So, always happy to change to route to distract myself I went for a small run around St Paul's before heading off through 'The City' past The Monument via Bank underground and on to Tower Bridge doing a little bit of the marathon route in reverse - don't think running across Tower Bridge will ever fail to excite me - such amazing views, could just do with fewer tourists



So I managed to get myself round the 18miles - the last 3 were a struggle, but it is the most boring part of the route - a long straight road home - but so far not found a more interesting way



Then it was time for a shower and headed out for lunch - pancakes with bacon and maple syrup and coffee at my most favorite cafe round the corner from my house



It was here that I met Ewan - one of my friends, the other being Leigh, running the London Marathon the next day.

The rest of the weekend was turned over to them and the London Marathon - they both ran amazing times in very hot weather -so proud of them both for all that they have achieved

No comments:

Post a Comment