Thursday 16 April 2009

Niketown on a Wednesday!

It was a fun run yesterday. The Niketown run was moved to a Wednesday due to the bank holiday, so I decided I'd go for the 7 mile run rather than my usual Monday night 4miles - so 2 loops rather than just one round Regent's Park.

We were joined by Jo Pavey who won the Manchester 10km the year I did it. Now pregnant she's not running so far, so only did the 4 mile loop - she did overtake me twice though!! The first time as we set off before they did and the second time as she'd ducked behind some bushes to have a wee......

The lovely lady stayed on to cheer us 7 milers on on our second loop which was great (especially as I was thinking about wimping out and heading back early.....I hate doing loops)

Despite tying to re-recalibrate my Nike+ it told me I did a run of 6 miles in 1:00:06 - not a great time - but as the route is 7 miles I'm pretty chuffed with myself and need to work out once and for all if the park is shrinking as I run round it or if the chip still isn't calibrated correctly......

Randomly bumped into someone else who ran at Reading when I got back into Niketown and it turns out she spotted me there but didn't say hello - even more randomly we work on different floors in the same building - not that I could have told you that before she pointed it out!

After a nice natter with the other 7milers (far more social bunch than the 4mile runners) I sweatily caught the tube home in time for the Apprentice - a great day indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment