Monday 6 April 2009

New trainers and almost time for Hose

My new trainers have arrived - after complaining to the Mizuno man that they didn't do very snazzy trainers he came up with these ones - they'll do in snazziness for now (I suppose). That's not strictly true, they're the ones for my flat, overpronating feet, but they are nicer than their usual boring shoes

After crazily busy weekend of BMF in the beautiful sunshine and running to the river in the heat with a trip to Bexleyheath thrown in, going back to work was a relief!

We had a good 4 mile run yesterday around the park - 5pm and the animals were already tucked up in bed - so yet more disappointment. We did see 2 robins, but it's not quite the same.

I've realised the food recommendations have been a little lacking - we've been pretty good at work about not going out for food, but we did go to the Thai truck on Friday (on Goodge Place) they do a very good green curry. Also at the Globe on Saturday had a very good brownie and the Spanish Bar off Oxford Street do a good pint of San Miguel (just the one and we were celebrating)

So it's only a few days until the Hose Half. My running number is back up at my parents - number 9!! Going to approach this one as more of a training run than a race, trying to beat my 2 hours is scaring me, so will just see how it goes on the day - although the incentive of getting round so I can go home and eat my Easter eggs may prove too much........


No comments:

Post a Comment