Saturday 28 March 2009

It's nearly time.....

So, in 12 hours I'll be running!!


Still not quite decided what to wear - long or 3/4 length leggings? long and/or short sleeves? We'll see what it looks like in the morning....hopefully blue sky.... but as my running vest from CRUK hasn't arrived, I'm going to be in my Hearing Dogs for Deaf People vest - I ran the last Edinburgh marathon for them and my friend Clare saw one of the dogs on her train on Friday so thought at least I could raise some awareness for them on the way round - those dogs are amazing things


Had a great day out and about in London - went to the Globe theatre this morning to learn all about Romeo and Juliet and As You Like It and after a nice walk in the rain/sun/hail along the river I finally went to the Natural History Museum to see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition (as ever it's amazing, closing soon, so you should go if you can).


I've not really been in the city at the weekend for ages and had forgotten what's it's like at the weekend - full of tourists looking at maps. Obviously I no longer class myself as a tourist now I've been here a year..... a sure sign appeared when I was last in Brum stood on a train waiting for the doors to open - I'd forgotten all about the quaint notion of having to press a button to open the train doors......


Any way, have had my last meal of pasta with a healthy dollop of pesto, have laid out all the clothing options for the morning, have changed my clocks, set my alarm (for a horrifying 6.30am - that's allowing for the clocks changing) so I guess all that's left now is to get some sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment